Staffing IAPT Services
Large numbers of staff - including nurses, clinical and counselling psychologists, counsellors and psychotherapists, working in the NHS or the private and voluntary sectors, are likely to be able to contribute to the new IAPT services.
Commissioners and providers can use the IAPT Worker Registration Form to assess the levels of skills and training in the existing workforce and establish a workforce profile that will support their recruitment effort.
- Low Intensity Worker Band 5 Job Description and AfC Profile Matching
- Low Intensity Trainee Band 4 Job Description and AfC Profile Matching
- High Intensity Therapist Band 7 Job Description and AfC Profile Matching
- Provisional Band 7 Trainee Job Description and IAPT A4C Report
- High Intensity Trainee Band 6 Job Description and AfC Profile Matching
- Low Intensity Practitioner Band 6 Job Description
KSF outlines have been developed for the posts of PWP Band 5 Practitioner and the Practitioner Band 7 . These are in depth profiles and are available for IAPT sites to use. They are for guidance and can be adapted locally. Outlines will not be developed nationally for the training posts
All trainees will attend regional training programmes first described in A Practical Approach to Workforce Development.