Joining Children and Young People's IAPT Project in 2012-13
The key aim of the Children and Young People's IAPT project is to transform existing services for children and young people by adopting those elements of the IAPT programme which will help improve outcomes for children and young people, providing treatment which is based on best evidence, outcomes focussed and client informed.
In 2012-13 the project will continue to offer training in CBT, Parenting Therapy for 3-10 year olds and service transformation. Local CAMHS partnerships will receive a budget to assist with transformation in their local area.
In 2012-13 there is the opportunity to join the project either by:
- linking to an existing collaborative where the HEIs are based in London, Reading or Salford
- or, in areas of the country which cannot easily reach an existing collaborative, the project is seeking to appoint up to two new Learning Collaboratives.
Applications close at midnight on 23rd April, with interviews in June. Training for service managers and supervisors will begin in November 2012, with trainee therapists starting in January 2013.
There will be range of information sessions for colleagues about the project:
Two data and outcomes sessions; Sessions at existing collaboratives; Two sessions for new collaboratives.
Please note that due to space constrains we ask that a maximum of two representatives per interested partnership /HEI sign up for meeting, and if necessary due to demand this may be reduced to one place per partnership. Applications will be on a first come first served basis. We will acknowledge receipt of your application and confirm you have a place one week before the event.
Data and Outcomes
It is a key feature of the project that all CAMHS participating in the project will introduce session by session outcome monitoring routinely in their targeted and specialist services. There are two sessions available to new partnerships to hear about the outcome monitoring methodology on 19th March in London, venue tbc. Apply online.
Joining an existing Learning Collaborative
Each collaborative is hosting a session for new partnerships to meet representatives of the collaborative and the IAPT Project Team.
- Partnerships interested in meeting with Reading Oxford on 9th March, 1-4pm at Reading University (venue tbc) Apply online
- Partnerships interested in meeting with London have two options either 5th March 10-12 noon , Prideaux Lecture Theatre, St Thomas's Hospital, Westminster, London Or 21 March 2-4pm Main lecture Theatre, Cruciform B404 , Main UCL Campus, Gower Street London. Apply online
- Partnerships interested in meeting with Salford Training Centre on 13th March 1.30-3.30 at Kings Conference Centre. Apply online
Forming a new collaborative
There will be two sessions in York on 2 March where members of the IAPT Project team will explain the project and process for new collaboratives and give you the opportunity to ask questions. Venue : Priory Street Centre, 15 Priory Street, York. Apply online